Wednesday 5 February 2014

Shrimp, mushroom and green asparagus soup

I don't know about you, but I'm slowly starting to evoke spring:). Today I've bought a huge solar yellow bouquet of mimosa, which spread sweet honey scent all over my place. I also gradually begin to replace a thick winter soups with the lighter ones, to which I usually add a lot of green vegetables. This is why I've added green asparagus to the soup that I've prepared today. Unfortunately they are not from Spain, but according to the information on the package, they have flown straight from Peru:). Usually, I try to buy local products and I don't support the consumption of ''fresh'' vegetables, which have flown more than 9500 km in a plane refrigerator to finally find themselves at my table. However, to be quite frank, I'm pretty fed up with winter, so I decided to break my own rules and surround myself with spring colours like green and yellow, because I hope that thanks to that spring will be here soon:).



Ingredients (serves 2-3):

800 ml vegetable stock
300 g defrosted shrimps
300 g green asparagus
300 g mushrooms
optional 2 carrots from the broth
2 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
2 green onions
2 garlic cloves
3 tablespoons olive oil
pinch of chili flakes
salt and pepper

Method:

Warm the vegetable stock in a large pot. Wash the green onions, and chop them. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a frying pan. Add  the green onions and fry for 2 minutes. Next, add washed and chopped asparagus and fry for 5 minutes. Transfer asparagus with onions to the pot with hot stock.

In the same frying pan heat another tablespoon of olive oil. Add, peeled and cut into slices, mushrooms. Add salt and pepper. Fry until golden brown and then transfer them to the pot.

Heat the last tablespoon of olive oil in the frying pan and add the sliced garlic. After 2-3 minutes, add shrimps (previously defrosted and drained of water) and a pinch of chili flakes. Fry for 2-3 minutes over high heat. Transfer them to the pot, add chopped carrots and cook for another 5 minutes. At the and, add chopped coriander.




Enjoy !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment